Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Okay

even as a child I didn't really ask for gifts at Christmas because, well, I thought it somewhat presumptuous and frankly was much more passive than I am now (and that's saying a lot). But if you don't ask, you don't receive, so here is my list of things I'd like for Christmas/Solstice/Yule. :) Best colours for the bathroom or kitchen are black, grey, or purple. Best for the bedroom are either lavender, grey, or purple. (PS I don't really expect total strangers to send me things. But if you're a friend or member of my family and are thinking, what could she possibly want, here's a wish list. And it's my own reminder about things I need.)

1. Cookware (doesn't have to be expensive, but I only have a 1.5 quart saucepan, a small frying pan, and a larger shallow oval pan to cook with). Do you know how difficult it is to cook pasta in a tiny saucepan?
2. Wooden spoon. Hey, it's cheap but necessary.
3. Pyrex liquid measuring cup. I've been using a gravy separator for years. I have no idea why I have a gravy separator when I don't have the other basics.
4. Towels and washcloths. I have one of each. Really.
5. Thick queen-sized sheets. I have one set, which are in sad repair from the springs of the old mattress.
6. A decent digital camera that actually takes sharp pictures.

I'll get around to getting them eventually, but if you're feeling generous.... :)

No comments: