Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Not surprisingly, I did something really stupid yesterday

Anyone who has had AAA knows that when they send you a card for the new plan year, the only real difference between the cards is the printed year that it's good through. I had both my old and new ones in my wallet during the transition between October and November and yesterday had the bright idea (at the gas station, when I stopped in for gas, oil, and the newspapers) to get rid of the old one.

Only I cut up the new one.

Fortunately I looked one last time before I put it in the trash and saw the '2009'. Today I called them, and they're sending me a new one within 14 days. In the meantime, my number is still good and everything, and I still have the two halves of the card, so she said that would be fine as proof should I need road service.

But that was a silly thing to do, even for me.

No comments: