Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 09, 2004

The Week in Review

This week I:

  • Worked overtime at work as part of our new system launch.
  • Helped someone I care about deeply.
  • Had my hair cut short.
  • Took my dog for a sleepover.
  • Missed her terribly.
  • Said goodbye to the cursed Sentra of doom forever.
  • Discovered my tape deck in the new car doesn't work.
  • After putting in a CD adaptor so I could listen to Buffy the musical. :(
  • But it doesn't matter because I'm mobile and the stereo itself rocks.
  • Decided that I'm at an age where inexperienced know-it-alls and stuffy know-it-alls equally annoy me, and make me feel blest that I'm in that laid-back groove where you know you don't know it all, that your experiences are unique and so are everyone else's, and that judging others, although natural, is best not done in print via e-mail. :) [I've been catching up on my backlog from the chatty librarians' list, which led me to this conclusion, oddly enough.]
  • Started my period.
  • Didn't have the slightest PMS except a little physical tenderness. I'm hoping my days of major mood swings before my period are far behind me.
  • Received two somewhat condescending e-mails from someone I'd hoped to never encounter again.
  • Decided in the end that it didn't really bother me, and that I'm just glad I'm enjoying my life as it is.
  • Cuddled with the cats.
  • Kept warm. Mostly. Pined for spring. Dratted groundhogs.
  • Started spring cleaning early, but didn't get very far.
  • Decided it's best to wait for sunny days and warmth to spring clean.
  • Bought a soothing CD of bamboo flutes and tuned crystals.
  • Decided I needed to spend more time meditating, doing yoga, and exercising.
  • Found out I was right about a plot twist.
  • Broke the masque of my CPAP machine.
  • Discovered pantyhose can, in a pinch, substitute for keeping the masque on your face.
  • Wondered what anyone would think if they saw a woman running around with pantyhose wrapped around her head.


On that note, I think I'll go on to bed and do the mummy thing again. I need to check with the medical supply company for another latex-free masque. I've gone through three in two years. That's not too bad, I suppose. I do wish they'd stop putting them together with thin plastic, though.

No comments: