Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Oh, come on...

Nader Seeks Presidency

  1. Isn't it bad enough that he was partially responsible for the fact we have Bush in the White House in the first place? (Mind you, not totally, but as a voter who really had to decide between Nader and Gore, yes, I believe things would not have been as close. And yes, I still think the Supreme Court and the Electoral College system are the main reasons Bush won.)
  2. Doesn't his entry (after the exit of initially strong Howard Dean and any other viable Democrat sans Kerry) as an independent detract from any sense that he's pushing for the good of all Americans?
  3. Is this the beginning of some sort of sick feeding frenzy?
  4. Dare we expect Hillary Clinton next?

[Mind you, I support Kucinich, at least through the primary or until he drops out. I also consistently score higher in terms of the Green Party platform than any other party, but I refused to vote for Nader last time precisely because I didn't want to 'throw away' my vote and aid George Bush. I have it on fairly reliable prognostication that Bush will, indeed, win 'four more years'. But that doesn't mean we can't give him a run for his money as a united front, as opposed to wussy fragmenting bits of fluff. Personally I'd like to see Nader get a cold shoulder from the voters.]

No comments: