Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 16, 2004

It's a toss up

Sitting in a recliner, listening to soothing New Age music, with three purring, treading cats OR
having braved the cold to retrieve your laundry, a nice hot shower followed by clean, comfy clothes.

Heaven, either way. Funny how the smallest things are the greatest. Also, I do believe a nice, ripe banana beats candy or other sweets any day. And they're Cerys' favourite, too.

I think the exercise earlier not only stretched out my back and generally made me feel better, it's making me sleepy earlier, which is probably good. Between that and the music (and now the shower), I'm quite relaxed, something that doesn't really happen that often. I don't know if exercise makes me keep in touch more with the moment or not, but everything seems to taste better, whether it's water or the banana, and even feel more vibrant. Hmpf. Maybe they should take people who tend to dissociate and put them on treadmills. :) I don't tend to much anymore, but I spent probably 80-90% of my first 35 years doing it as a coping mechanism. Now I can still do it on command (i.e., when dealing with physical pain) but I interact with people more fully and as a consequence my memory has improved. I think I was short-circuiting the whole memory process by not participating in the first place. It's nice to be living life more fully now.

No comments: