Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Blegh

listening to: 'Calling You' by Blue October
feeling: Better, but tired

I woke up with Blue October's 'Calling You' in my head this morning; it's just so damn catchy, and I can't resist the vocal style or the fact they have a violinist in the band. I love strings of any kind, but I find that using anything other than a piano or set of guitars adds more texture/dimension to the music. The funny thing is that I've checked out their other songs, and they're not really what I would call perky, but rather dark, and I like music that tends to explore that side, too.

I'm still tired and coughy and I think I'm running a low-grade fever, but I feel better than I did yesterday. My plan today is to just sleep when I feel like it, eat and drink occasionally, and just take it easy. If I feel better later I might do a little cleaning, but right now I just don't feel up to it. I got up about an hour and a half ago, watched some cartoons, and I'm ready to go back to bed.

Maybe I could at least read a little later. My dog and cats have been great to cuddle with, at least. Yesterday I couldn't seem to stay warm, despite the temperature outside being in the 60s and inside about 75. Today, at least, that seems better.

No comments: