Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 09, 2023

My behavioural coach, plus a milestone

recommended this book, which is not actually a diet book, but rather a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) approach to helping people with their relationships with food. I'm five chapters in and I'm finding it very helpful. It makes sense. It's all about changing your thoughts and justifications into healthier ones. The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person by Judith S Beck, PhD, whose father was the one who first developed CBT. If you want the Kindle edition and you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited, it is included for free.  By the way...this is my 12,000th post.  Yipee!  It took a little over 21 years, but it's a great milestone. I'm enjoying writing again.

No comments: