Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 05, 2023

Again

Well, if you're going to fall on your face, especially on real tile, it's good to have a pillow in one hand that miraculously fell under your face. My right hand, shoulder and elbow are being iced and I've taken an NSAID. I am beginning to think I should start using my cane in the house as well as outside. I almost fell twice afterwards. I just feel unsteady. Definitely sitting down for a while.

UPDATE:
I'm sore all the way down my right side (it's usually left when I fall). I fell on both hands and elbows primarily, but my neck, shoulder, fingers, hip, etc., are all hurting. Time to ask my doctor is this is vestibular or something. My dizziness only happens when I move, including being on elevators or turning my head slightly. :( I don't think it's just ageing. I'm lucky I didn't break something or hit my head on the tile. I fell in a doorway with tile on one side and hardwood on the other, separated by a small, hard ledge. It was a close thing. Thank goodness for that cushion I was carrying. I got it over my face/head just in time. 

NOTE TO SELF: You're off for a few days next week. Call your PCP Monday about being evaluated for a vestibular order. I am so tired of falling, and I want to nip this in the bud before it affects my work or driving.

No comments: