Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 20, 2016

My parents

got married 50 years ago today. The marriage made it about 15 years, but still, strange to think that's what they were doing so long ago. I'm still trying to wrap my head around turning 50 next April (yes, if you're good at math, you'll figure it out. I was about eight when I asked, as I wasn't premature). Anyway, I think it worked out better that they're apart, and really, they probably shouldn't have been together (they'd broken up by the time they found out I was on the way, and got back together mainly to appease my paternal grandmother. My maternal grandparents were actually really cool for the 1960s and told my mom she could stay with them, have the baby, and not get married to my dad.

No comments: