Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Well, I did water the plants today

And I have good reason to do some cleaning--Terminix will be here tomorrow to treat the apartment. I don't have trouble with bugs, but they like things neat for when they come in, and I have a lot of dishes to do. I came up with a plan of attack tonight when I got home, and I just got back from Kroger, where I got some caffeinated drinks, sponges, and some things I need for cleaning, and here's the plan:
  1. Go on to bed (it's midnight now--I slept a couple of hours earlier before I went to the store, too).
  2. Get up at 4 am...um, more like 6 am in reality
  3. Load the dishwasher.
  4. Do the plastic dishes and other non-dishwasher items.
  5. Gather up Kroger bags, both plastic and reusable, that are strewn about, and put them in their places (the regular bags should go back to Kroger to be recycled, so I'll put them in a bag and take them out to the car.
  6. Gather up the trash and recyclables.
  7. Take them out.
  8. Fill the ice cube trays.
  9. Clean the toilet and bathroom sink.
  10. Wipe down the counters and island in the kitchen.
  11. Straighten up the living room and dining room.
  12. Sweep the floors and mop the kitchen and bath.
That leaves only the bedroom to worry about, and I can close the door and do that later. :)

No comments: