Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Wow, it's 6 pm and I'm home!

I don't remember when I was last home with the sun shining so brightly through the windows. YKWIA had an appointment tonight, but had to cancel it, so I dropped off something for him I'd gotten at the store (I was a block away from his house when he called), did a couple of things for him, and was home by about 5:45 or so. So far, I have changed into comfy clothes, unpacked the computer, started some music going from the phone through the speaker tower, changed a battery in my clock, and taken my blood sugar/medicine. Now I'm eating and listening to the music (Hozier). Some things I'd like to do tonight:
  1. Water the plants inside and out.
  2. Straighten up the living room.
  3. Clean up the kitchen and make some zucchini, peppers, and onion before they go bad, so I can have it for lunch tomorrow.
  4. Update my ledger.
  5. Clean the bathroom.
  6. Read.
I think that's doable, and would go a long way to making my life at home pleasant. So I'm going to go check the news and finish eating so I can tackle them.

UPDATE: Of course, did I do any of those things? No, I fell asleep for 12 hours, because apparently I'd been going, going, and going, and finally went plop. Oh, well, I got some much-needed rest, at least.

No comments: