Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, January 12, 2015

After work

I went to the library and checked out a book I had on hold for a friend, and while I was there I picked up some new books for myself: How Google Works by Eric Schmidt & Jonathan Rosenberg, Encyclopedia of Witch Craft by Judika Illes, Wonders of the Solar System by Brian Cox, and a delightful book I’ve been reading since I got home, Good Manners for Nice People Who Sometimes Say F*ck by Amy Alkon. So I’ve been reading with the radio playing in the background, and I’ve gotten all comfy. I went through the mail, which contains a $4.78 reimbursement cheque from my flexible spending company, my AAA renewal (I’m not sure that’s going to be feasible before it expires at the end of the month) and the final Time Warner Cable bill.

YKWIA just called asking about some bagels he thought I’d left there, and I explained about the book on witchcraft and that when I randomly opened a page, the first entry I saw was on ‘Charmed’, which is his favourite TV show. I think that made him happy.

There’s a lot I should be doing tonight. Dishes, taking out some cardboard boxes, finally doing the stuff for the fish tanks, that sort of thing, plus the trash and recyclables. Right now I have an annoying headache, so I’m going to take some ibuprofen and relax for a bit before trying to do anything. That usually winds up with me falling asleep far too early. I’m going to try to not do that—but I’m not promising anything. I had thought to stop by the house and take the laptop over to the library, blogging from there, but decided to just settle in at home and use my phone hotspot anyway.

I also need to give a libation tonight to the Goddess, and although I do not have wine, I have some nice honey. Yesterday when I started my period (I give the libation when I menstruate), I also managed to restore the backup of the Android application that keeps my cycle calendar, so that made me happy. I think that was the last thing that hadn’t been set correctly since I had to get the phone factory reset when I locked myself out of it with the fingerprint scanner. :)

Okay, I’m going to take that ibuprofen. If I don’t blog anymore tonight, I hope you have a good night.

No comments: