Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 22, 2015

All in all, it was

a very productive day, indeed, despite not getting home till 12:30 last night (class was great, by the way, I learned a lot) and probably not getting to bed till at least 1:30, on top of the night before, when I couldn’t sleep for some reason. But now I'm home in my mostly clean house--yes, I took all those bags out yesterday after getting up early to finish--and settling in for the night.
    Today I have:
  1. Paid or arranged to pay no less than five bills, pretty much draining my account but almost bringing things current, except for my student loan servicer, whom I need to call. It’s a step in the right direction, anyway. May the phone calls please stop. I was getting up to 12 a day, between the two phone numbers, all at my cell phone, as the home phone is currently forwarding calls.
  2. Came up with library goals for the coming year.
  3. Reviewed applications for an award I’m helping review.
  4. Did all the other library-related stuff needed for the day.
  5. Received the forms I need to file my taxes, which means, hopefully, I can catch up financially someday soon.
  6. Checked on a couple of appointments.
  7. Had my yearly performance appraisal for my job as librarian, which was great, and spoke with my boss about the future of the library at our institution and concerns I have about the transition to ambulatory care centre and the services that will no longer be available to our staff in preparation for a library committee meeting next week.
  8. Spent an hour and a half with several other people reviewing an award’s applications via conference call.
  9. Checked on a friend to see if he needed anything.
  10. Came home, ate, and played Moon Tycoon, which I haven’t played in years, lost from my computer in the migration, but eventually found again. You build moon bases and try to get your oeconomy balanced.
  11. Changed password management applications after the one I was using (Keeper) suddenly started demanding $9.99 for one device.
  12. Cancelled my Amazon Prime. Right now I just can’t afford it, am not really getting deliveries, and have no Wi-Fi to watch Prime videos. I may be able to do it later. But for now, that means I can’t stream some music I was used to listening to. That’s okay, though, I have a lot of music I own on the phone, anyway.
  13. Finally changed into some comfy clothes, took out my contacts, etc. I see a bed very shortly in my future.
Anyway, that was my day. Tomorrow’s my chance to catch up with the data entry position, work on referrals and charge entry, etc. I also find out when the woman I’ve been filling in for is coming back to work, which should be next week, but they’re unsure of the day. I’m hoping it’s Monday. It’s been a good experience. I just love being a librarian more, and I have a lot to do with the library in terms of some weeding and reorganising. I also have a needs assessment to create. After work, there’s ‘Grimm’. I missed last week, of course, so I hope to see that episode, but since I need to take a friend to an appointment at 6, I don’t know if we’ll be able to work it in. But here’s hoping.

Okay, I’m going to take it easy for the rest of the evening. Good night!

No comments: