Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Wow...a lazy day

I cannot remember the last time I stayed in my sleep clothes past 4 pm, woke up every couple of hours to eat a small bite and then went back to sleep to resurface a couple of hours later. The last stretch was spent in a sunbeam in the comfy chair in the living room. I've been chronically short on sleep for days now, so I really needed it. When left to my own devices that's how my days go--sleep a bit, stay up and work on something, sleep a bit, stay up and work on something. I manage to accomplish more than you'd think, especially if I'm house cleaning or whatnot. Today the focus has really just been on sleep. I do need to do the dishes and maybe some touchups in the bathroom and put some non-perishable groceries away that are sitting on the kitchen table, but that's about as messy as my house has been of late. I really have been just keeping it clean as I go. Oh, and I have some videotapes on the couch and boxes to keep them in, so I need to transfer them from a bag to the boxes and put them neatly away for easy access. But I think the first thing to do is to take a long bath. Later I'm going to go over to a friend's for a movie.

So this is what a day off is.

No comments: