Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 06, 2007

A couple of quizzes

You Are A Lily

You are a nurturer and all around natural therapist.
People see you as their rock. And they are able to depend on you.
You are a soothing influence. You can make people feel better with a few words.
Your caring has more of an impact than even you realize.


The Keys to Your Heart

You are attracted to those who are unbridled, untrammeled, and free.

In love, you feel the most alive when your lover is creative and never lets you feel bored.

You'd like to your lover to think you are flexible and ready for anything!

You would be forced to break up with someone who was ruthless, cold-blooded, and sarcastic.

Your ideal relationship is open. Both of you can talk about everything... no secrets.

Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.

You think of marriage as something precious. You'll treasure marriage and treat it as sacred.

In this moment, you think of love as something you can get or discard anytime. You're feeling self centered.


Today was a little weird at work. We had underage teens asking for a local strip club so they could pray outside it. We went through many newspapers, almost all of our ice, and lots of beer in preparation for the Kentucky Derby (sort of like our Mardi Gras, except everyone parties hard and then the actual event is over in like 2 minutes). The woman who was supposed to relieve me didn't come in at all, even though her husband said she had left. I waited around over 30 minutes, and finally decided I needed to go. The assistant manager was coming in a couple of hours to close instead. I don't get it. I'm a little afraid my co-worker may have had an accident or something; it's not like her to be no call, no show.

I worked a couple of hours on the notes and took a friend into work, then helped another with a project or two. I went to go out and do my religious obligations, but I can't for the life of me find my wine (which I had, really). I can't buy any more this late or at all on Sunday, so I couldn't do the traditional offering of honeyed wine. Instead I did honey, with a promise of more wine as soon as I can get some. I changed the place where I do the libation; out back near our back porch a family of snakes lives. Earlier today there was one basking in the rain (yeah, I know, it sounds weird) with its head up tasting the air. It seemed appropriate to give a Cthonian offering near a den of snakes. I think She liked the new arrangement.

That's all for now. Good night.

No comments: