Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 09, 2005

I Should Have Bet

I always pick a grey horse, if there is one, in the field for the Derby. No, it's not scientific at all. I just like grey horses. If there isn't a grey one, then I go with black. Nevermind that the only grey, Giacomo, was 50-1 odds.

Of course, I didn't actually see the paper which listed the colours until right after the Derby was won. But if I'd been at a Derby party this year, I would probably have put in a little bet for Giacomo. Wow.

Apparently he's named for Sting's son (his owner is in the record business). The fact that he came up grinding from 18th position has some excited about how he'll do in the longer races of the Triple Crown. All I know is, my (figurative) money is on the grey horse.

No comments: