Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 06, 2003

Oh, and by the way...



This weekend my attention was brought to the websites of a couple of people I used to know. I would link to them, but really, no sense in pointing you here. Suffice to say 1) one has started a new website that is fairly austere and includes a picture of him with some sort of rainbow-coloured stole, a necklace with many different religious symbols, a big wheel-shaped amulet, and he looks like someone who might be hopping onto a comet. Lovely. I wonder if he's using his "religious credentials" to meet men? 2) The other's website, meanwhile gave some clues as to where he's working (always nice to know, since he eventually got a library science degree and I'd rather not run into him) and a link to a gay-men-with-guns site. He sounds even more bitter since I knew him. Apparently now he's bitter and most likely armed. Again, lovely. Have I mentioned that I live only a short distance from them? Granted, it's been 12 years, but it still makes me nervous. I swore to have nothing to do with them years ago. I'm so glad I have saner people around me now. :) The people who know me now who never knew me then apparently think I'm down to earth and can't imagine me being in such an weird relationship. Suffice to say I was much younger, more naïve, and had a tenuous grip on reality that could be easily influenced. Here's to being 36, having gone through years of therapy, and generally discovering that I had a right to be happy. Oh, and I have daily acquaintance with reality, now, thank you.

No comments: