Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Ho hum



I spent the morning making changes to our website at work, or at least cataloguing the changes so some poor schmuck at corporate can go in and make the changes.

Yesterday I just did not get around to re-arranging the living room. It was not worth it at the end of the day. I did pick up some medication (and had to sign a new spiffy HIPAA-inspired sheet to show that I'd received the pharmacy's privacy notice. I also wrangled a light bulb for my aquarium. The poor fish have been in the dark for awhile because the bulb wouldn't stay lit. I thought there might be something with the assembly, since the transformer would light it--and then it would go into strobe mode if the transformer was in or settle down, then die if it was taken out. But after checking with my stepfather and the maintenance guys at work, the consensus was that the bulb was bad. Still, I can't complain--I bought that aquarium in 1988 or 1989 and the bulb lasted this whole time. Apparently they normally last a year or so. Wow.

I also picked up a few packets of seeds. I'm itching to garden. I now have four sprouts of the Golden Egg plant given to me for my birthday by Zabet and Patrick. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it in the study (which I've blocked off from the cats for now) or if it would be safe in the little greenhouse.

I was checking an almanac entry on my PDA for yesterday and suddenly realised why my historian-trained brain was percolating everytime I saw that we had to be HIPAA compliant by April 14th. That's the date of the Titantic sinking and the shooting of President Lincoln. Seems oddly appropriate. :)

No comments: