Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 10, 2016

I just cooked for some friends at their house

It was butternut squash pasta sauce over gemli tuscani pasta, with some bread, oil, balsamic vinegar, and dipping spices. It was actually quite good. I was nervous about making dinner, and YKWIA had to direct me a little on certain things. The sauce I'd gotten from Costco, and was very, very good. Everything else came from Kroger, where they'd been doing a 'Taste of Italy' promotion. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Now I'm home. I'm a little behind on the cleaning, although the bath and kitchen look great, the living room is basically okay. I need see about the dining room tonight, and tackle the biggest problem (the bedroom) tomorrow. Also, the hallway had dried, but it seems to have gotten wet again, and I don't know how, so I'm going to call tomorrow and aks them to take a look at it. The bedroom won't be finished, but I can close the door. At least you can actually get in and out of the apartment without obstruction now.

I see my therapist tomorrow. I just sent him the pictures I'd taken to show him last time (he wanted them on the computer), and I included information about the inspection coming up, and also took a picture of the bathroom, which he hadn't seen. I'm looking forward to our session. Then the idea is to go home and finish the bedroom. Like I may have said, I'm not really getting rid of much; just the trash and recyclables and certain things such as the box of jars I gave a friend and some of those Kroger bags for the kitty litter. I'll recycle the ones he didn't have room for; they're still out in the car's trunk.

Okay, back to what I was doing....

No comments: