Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

One thing I agree with the Germans about

Pills should be taken 'against' headaches (gegen Kopfschmerzen) rather than for them. I've been nursing a headache all evening, and it has finally reached splitting/not-ignorable status, so I took some ibuprofen, something I try not to do in an effort to minimise issues to the kidneys. But alas, sometimes you just have to break down.

I will be somewhat brief tonight, as I missed my allergy shot this afternoon, so I'm going to try to go in early tomorrow so I can do it tomorrow afternoon before my friend's appointment. Today was technically one of my early days, but I had a slew of things to do this afternoon when all was said and done, so I'm glad I voted in the primary election very early this morning rather than putting it off.

I did find out why my check engine light is on in the car (it popped up right before the odometer hit 50,000 miles). The code most likely points to a faulty exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve, or its corresponding sensor. I was told that while it should be fixed, a month or two should be okay if I'm not having issues, which is good, as I don't have the money to do it just now. I wanted to double-check, as I will be making the trip to Louisville in a couple of weeks.

I told my counselor of my anxiety about driving and how I planned to do some practice runs before going to Louisville by interstate. She copied some pages from The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook, and I think they include a useful exercise. Actually, when I did some poking around, the whole book sounded quite useful. I looked it up at the library, but their copies were missing or lost. Amazon had both paperback and Kindle versions. Since it's a workbook, with worksheets, I thought the paperback copy would be more useful, so I used some of my credit card bonus rewards and bought it. I should be getting it Thursday, which isn't too bad, considering I no longer have Amazon Prime, as I couldn't afford to renew it when the price went up.

I did a lot of running around after work today, driving for about 2 1/2 hours around the city in rush hour traffic. I:
  1. Went to the pharmacy for a friend
  2. Had my car checked due to the check engine light
  3. Put a cheque in the bank
  4. Grabbed some Taco Bell for dinner
  5. Picked some Marmite up at the store for a friend
and then I went over there to their house and watched:
  1. 'House of Anubis'
  2. 'iZombie'
  3. 'Lab Rats'
That was fun. In particular, 'iZombie' is growing on me even more.

Okay, I should head on to bed. The headache is easing up somewhat. Good night!

No comments: