Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 21, 2014

I really think

that the job I interviewed for the other day was filled by an internal candidate, because now they're advertising an adult services librarian at the same location, a job I went ahead and applied for today after tweaking my cover letter and résumé again, while a friend was at his appointment. I used my phone as a hotspot (they didn't have open wi-fi there) for the laptop so that I could upload the documents and submit the application. Wish me luck! This one is not as supervisory-intensive, and so I may be better suited for it. (I have supervised students, but as a solo librarian, it's not the norm in my position). Anyway, I've got it in, the one for the state was applied for yesterday, and there's one more that closes in September at Morehead State to apply for. I'd really like the local one I applied for today, though, as both of the others would require a lot of driving, gas, and wear and tear on the car. Not to mention, I'd really, really like to be a public librarian and I think this position would be a really good fit. Here's keeping my fingers crossed that I get a call for an interview. I think I connected well with the interviewers and I did follow up with a thank you note. So here's hoping....

No comments: