Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 02, 2014

I pretty much crashed yesterday

I came home a little early and napped for about an hour and a half, then got up and ate and did some stuff on the computer (but not the notes or the job-hunting related stuff I planned to do last night). Then I spoke with YKWIA for awhile on the phone and decided afterwards to get away from the computer for a bit, listened to Loreena McKennitt, and promptly fell asleep. That was about 8 pm. I got up about 10:30 and took my nightly medications and set the alarms for 5 am, in the hopes of working on them before I had to do anything else today. But that didn't work. I wound up finally waking up at 8:40 am and getting up about 8:55, took a shower, got dressed, ate a little cheese, did a couple of things I needed to, and then by ten I was over at my friends' house to do some errands and get him up for an appointment. We are now at said appointment and I've loaded the game recording onto the computer, but really haven't gotten much further, and there's only about a half-hour left before we go. I'm getting really hungry; that cheese wasn't enough to stay with me apparently, and anyway that was almost five hours ago.

I'm not sure what else we're doing today, other than doing a grocery run, but I'll try to get home fairly early to work on the notes. I think I'll use the time left at the appointment to work on cover letters for two jobs I'm applying for, although my computer is getting low on battery. I may have to cross the room to a less comfortable seat and plug into the outlet there.

No comments: