Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 29, 2014

Despite only about five hours' sleep

I was extremely productive and perky, getting a report in, discussing a speaking engagement with someone in the mobile technology industry, filling interlibrary loans, filling the clinic's cart of children's books, organising the library, shelving the new journals, shelving the journals and books, plus all the stuff I do for the data entry position as well. I got so much accomplished on what I thought would be a slow day that I found by 3:30 I was pretty much finished with everything that needed to be accomplished this week, and rather than start on a new project (in this case, cataloguing or referrals beyond ten days out), I asked my boss if it was okay if I could leave a little early. Today's a friend's birthday, you see, and I was going over to spend time with him. I got out of there about 3:45 and picked a few things up at Kroger's, and then we watched a couple of episodes of 'Haven' and visited for awhile. What I did do, unfortunately, was leave some of my medication locked in my desk drawer at work, so tomorrow I'll need to stop by and get that. Then we'll go out to Masala for their lunch buffet. Yum, Indian food! Of course, 'Doctor Who' is tomorrow, as well. I also need to finish the game notes from a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm getting a quick bite to eat (mmm...tomatoes), and then I'm going to head on to bed, as I have been up and bouncy for far too long and I can feel my gears running down. Good night! Have a safe and happy holiday weekend! (Note to self, do not go to work on Monday, as it is Labour Day).

No comments: