Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Well, I've done most of my list

I still need to take the trash out, which I'll do right before I go. Of course I'll get the gas on the way. Everything else is ready. In the meantime I'm dressed, having a banana for a snack, and drinking a big glass of ice water. I tried to fix the pump in the aquarium (the power glitched off during a thunderstorm the other day, and while it's not running dry (which would damage it), it isn't running the water through, either.) I tried priming it to no avail, so I unplugged it for now. They're goldfish, so they'll probably be alright. I won't be gone long, after all.

I'm taking some library books on interviewing with me. I hadn't mentioned it yet, but I do actually have an interview for a job on Friday afternoon. Apparently revamping the résumé worked, I got a screening phone call, and I was invited for the interview. So keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm off Friday as part of my bereavement leave, and it happened to work out that they were interviewing then, so I'm taking that as a sign of good things to come. :) It will be a major switch of gears from funeral to interview, but I need to do well. I also need to find something that shows some personality without being distracting for the interview. I'm thinking the floral skirt YKWIA and A gave me with a camisole and the eyelet lace jacket. It's not a suit, so that may be a mistake, but I don't actually have a suit, and I think they're not as preferred anymore. And there are no sequins or bee-baws on it, it's simple yet tasteful. What do you think? I was in a floral dress when I interviewed for my present job 17 years ago, so maybe florals are lucky for me. :)

No comments: