Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 09, 2014

Today I:

  1. Paid my rent
  2. Took books back to the library and got some more
  3. Called and cancelled the game.
  4. Helped a friend look over some things in preparation for going to the store
  5. Helped a friend get reading glasses and those eyeglass holders
  6. Took a friend to the store for a larger run than we though at the bigger store which was hot, and neither of us thought we'd make it
  7. Got another friend a chocolate shake
  8. Watched an interesting video on the philosophy of the question of the reality of fictional objects and entities (thanks to YKWIA)
  9. Watched a hilarious Christmas episode of 'Eureka' where the characters were translated into lots of cartoon styles and Jim Parsons of 'The Big Bang Theory' was the voice of Carl the ever-suffering Jeep driven by the sheriff
  10. Rubbed a friend's feet until he fell asleep
  11. Chatted a bit with the other for awhile
  12. Came home
  13. Had a bite to eat
  14. Listened to some music
  15. Read a book
  16. Took a nap
  17. Paid my cell phone bill
  18. Revamped my résumé and curriculum vitae online, since I'd redone the print ones
  19. Removed the steri-strips on my incisions, as they were curling up and they had told me that would be the signal to remove them--seems odd to have a bare knee again
So it was a busy day, but not so much as a normal Saturday, and I had from about 6 pm on to myself. We're not playing Call of Cthulhu tomorrow, so I'm going over much later than normal and presumably I'll work on some things here, like straightening up, getting a little laundry together, putting the massive laundry from last week away (no, still haven't done that), made the bed completely (it's just blankets and two pillows right now), take out the trash and recyclables, that sort of thing. Also I want to try out a popcorn popper I got some time ago, take it out, and figure it out. It and air popper, but it's round rather than the normal air poppers. Then I'll go over to their house, do my little bit of laundry and some things around there, and visit. I don't think we're all up to watching The Grand Budapest Hotel at the moment, so while I have it, that may be put on hold until sometime next week.

No comments: