Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 08, 2014

At least

I didn't sleep the night away--just three hours. :) But I did have a fairly long 'sleep' (too long for a 'nap'), and I'd set my alarm for only 30 minutes after I stretched out. Fridays can be like that, when all the stresses of the week fall away as I relax and let it all go. One great thing about me is that I don't normally 'take work home with me' in the sense of emotional and intellectual baggage from one day or week to another. But my weekends are exceedingly busy and my weeks outside of work often are as well. So I tend to fall asleep on Monday evenings (due to the weekend) and Fridays (due to the week), and be busy the rest of the time. I know it probably sounds like I'm some sort of torpid toad.

I did wake up just in time to get a medical librarian reference question (YKWIA loves having a personal librarian to find things, and as it's Sabbath, A called and asked). I found the information and relayed it. Sometimes his questions are much more difficult than those others give me. He keeps me on my toes.

Still, it's almost 11:30 pm and so it's a bit late to start the notes and yet I haven't had a real night's sleep yet, either. I'll try to get up a little earlier tomorrow. I may check the news and add anything of interest, but otherwise I think it's off to bed for me.

No comments: