Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 22, 2014

So good to be home

Today I started out my day at the dentist getting the metal foundation of my permanent partial dentures checked for fit.  They fit very snugly compared to my temporary ones.  The dentist said my mouth had changed a lot since I first got those,  right after the oral surgery,  and that these would be easy to adjust as needed. I haven't been wearing my temporary ones because they come out if I eat even small bites. I had begun to worry that I was paying for something that I couldn't use. Next week I go back to see how the teeth look next to my natural ones.

Work was good,  but a little slow.  Fridays can be like that.  After work I went and got medicine from the pharmacy.  The traffic lights were working ,  unlike the other day,  but the train crossing was not.  People were going around the gate .  I didn't feel comfortable doing that,  so I turned around and went down the next street.  On that one the train goes across a bridge rather than the road.  And yes,  a train was on the tracks and heading right for the intersection I had been near. Then I stopped by Speedway at Malabu and was amused as people tried to negotiate the parking lot,  which had more ducks in it than I have ever seen in one place.

I went over to my friends' house and watched the first episode of Rowan Atkinson's 'The Black Adder' with YKWIA. Peter Cook played Richard III, and all I could think as he spouted Shakespeare was that scene from The Princess Bride where the clergyman with the speech impediment speaks.  That was also Peter Cook,  you see,  albeit an older one. After that we made asparagus deviled eggs,  which are quite tasty.  A is taking some to a visitation/funeral tomorrow.

Now I am home and thankfully,  despite the storms,  I have power.  The other side of the street does not. But at least they have a crew working on it. Here's hoping ours stays on.

Tomorrow there's just maybe picking up A from the funeral and a small grocery run,  and then I am looking forward to 'Doctor Who',  which premieres at 9 pm.  We'll finally see Peter Capaldi  in action.

Sunday we aren't playing, since Brenda has an SCA  event to go to. So either tomorrow morning or Sunday, maybe I can get some things accomplished around here.

Okay,  I'm pretty tired,  so much that I'm blogging on my phone rather than get the laptop out.  I changed my CPAP nasal pillows to a larger size,  which gives me a less difficult exhale.  Now I'm in bed and comfy. Time to sleep .  Good night!

No comments: