Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

At least

I finally slept well last night. I was asleep by about 12:30 I think, but then I didn't wake up till 5:30, did my monthly libation, and then went back to sleep till 8:30. The first thing I did was clean the tub/shower, as I'm going to take a bath in a little while. Then I gave myself my Byetta, which you have to delay eating a bit after, picked up around the house, and put my meds into my pillbox for the trip. Now I'm going to get some water, check my blood sugar, and eat something. The last few days I've done very poorly with my diabetes, haven't had any sleep hardly, ate emotionally, and was somewhat haphazard with my meds, and with the stress and everything my blood sugar reading in the morning yesterday was the highest I've ever had. So yesterday was all about getting back on track, taking my insulin correctly, and eating well. It's still a little high this morning but nothing near yesterday, so I think I'm doing better. As one of my co-workers said, the last thing anyone needs is for me to get sick on top of everything else.

So this morning I have to:
  1. Take a bath
  2. Try out the dress I bought last year in case of funerals to make sure it still fits fine
  3. Dress in a black skirt and top for the visitation
  4. Pack
  5. Run the dishwasher
  6. Take out the trash
  7. Get gas
Okay, I've eaten, taken my meds, etc. Time to go take a bath and try to relax a bit.

No comments: