Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 20, 2013

I feel so much better than I did an hour and a half ago

I was overheated and red in the face from driving around town during rush over for an hour and a half, going to the pharmacy (twice, actually) for three people. When I delivered the medicine YKWIA had me drink some ice water. I'd had a splitting sinus headache for hours that was only getting worse (rain is coming in tonight). My blood sugar was over 200, so I decided to wait to eat until it had gone down. I had started my period (good thing I went to the gynaecologist yesterday, I guess) and all I had was a little pad they had at work to give out in emergencies. I'm a big girl, and I bleed fairly heavily when I start, so that wasn't cutting it. I put down a reusable Kroger bag just to make sure I wouldn't bleed on my car's beige upholstery. I felt tired and well, just bad, in pain from the headache and the cramping. My shoulders still ache due being tense while driving, although they've relaxed a good deal since then.

So I came home, changed to my regular pads, changed into some shorts, took the bra off, got comfy in front of fan, and went to sleep for an hour. I tried listening to soothing music, but it made my headache worse. The headache's still there, but much less than it was. I actually managed to relax a bit and let the tension melt away. And I'm so much cooler, thank goodness. My blood sugar before I ate was 142, much better. I've eaten a little and now I feel ready for the evening.

I was online earlier today looking for advice on the prep for a colonoscopy, and found Dave Barry's column on the subject, which I found hilarious, so I'm going to link to it here:

Dave Barry: A journey into my colon -- and yours

I need to make a list for the store and go get a few things. It's amazing how dark it is already outside. It's not even 8 pm. I guess it really is autumn now. We're supposed to have daytime temperatures in the low 70s this weekend to remind us of that, although today was the mid-80s. But that rain should make a real difference, if my headache is any judge of pressure changes.

Okay, off to the store. At least I don't have to do game notes tonight--I got those finished last week, something I only remembered today. :)

No comments: