Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

:)



I personally would love to see Tom Baker and the other surviving 'Doctors' make an appearance on the 50th anniversary special. Tom Baker was the first Doctor for me, the one I watched as a kid on the PBS station out of Wichita, Kansas in the 1980s. Ah, nostalgia. 'Care for a Jelly Baby?' Speaking of Tom Baker, I've noticed several of the classic 'Doctor Who' seasons are listed for free to watch on Amazon Prime, going back to the original Doctor, William Hartnell and going all the way to Sylvester McCoy. I have "The Deadly Assassin", "The Pyramids of Mars", "The Five Doctors" (which was done without Tom Baker, actually) and a couple of others on VHS, but it might be fun to go back and watch those episodes that first drew me to 'Doctor Who', as well as the ones before and after. There's the issue of the missing episodes, so it's by no means complete, but still...between Netflix (which has about 75 episodes of classic Who as well) and Amazon, which both run the newer series as well, I can watch most of the Doctors with streaming video (the movie with Peter McGann (the 8th Doctor) is only available on DVD.)

No comments: