Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 15, 2012

I've been a loyal Firefox user for a long time

But after 45 minutes of it locking up on me, I decided to try Google Chrome (not the for the first time; I think I tried it when it first started, but one of the IT guys at work and I were talking the other day and it's what he uses at home, mainly because the Google Toolbar, with Google's bookmarks, no longer work with Firefox, and he likes to be able to access them. So, I was considering trying it again--the problem with the freeze-up just really galvanised me to do so). One thing I notice is that this page no longer loads in the middle. Not sure what was up with that, but whenever I viewed it in Firefox, it did so, and I'd have to scroll up.

It imported a lot of my settings; I'm not sure about the passwords though. We'll see. In the meantime, my space bar just got horribly stuck. I'm not having good computer karma tonight and am considering just going on to bed rather than try to get anything else done this weekend.

Oh, speaking of computers, I am really excited that we are finally moving from Windows XP to Windows 7 at work and I'm getting my upgrade on Friday. Woo-hoo.

Gods, I am such a geek.

Anyway, hope you had a good weekend, and that the week ahead is a good one.

No comments: