Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm feeling decent tonight

The weekend was busy, but not horribly so. On Saturday I got some groceries and a friend picked me up at Kroger and took me to another friend's house, so it was nice to visit with them, and I helped with a project and was treated to two excellent episodes of 'Lark Rise to Candleford'. Saturday night I got home about 8:30 and then still had to do notes, but the nice thing was there was a lot of action, which shrinks the amount of work compared to investigation, because I don't put in combat blow by blow.

Sunday I didn't have to get up quite so early because I'd gone to the store the day before. I got everything ready for the game and still had time to visit. The game was a conclusion to an adventure which was somewhat frustrating as we weren't able to save a lot of innocents (and that was my fault), but otherwise was satisfying. It's always interesting when you have a battle which includes Bigfeet, small ancient resurrected hominids, and a crazy Miskatonic professor. Oh, and last time was the family of Deliverance cultists who apparently owned the barn from Twister with all the sharp, pointy farm implements. And it's nice when you have an anti-bullet/anti-metal spell and then realise oh, yeah, not only can the bad guy not shoot you, but your companion with a so-so gun skill can't hit any of you either. :) Okay, maybe you had to be there. I got home about 10 and was in bed by 10:30.

Today I made quite a bit of progress on my to-do list, which was nice. I even got a little ahead on one project. So if the rest of the week goes as well, I'll be happy.

It was nice to get home and the air conditioning's on. I don't normally put it on so early, but it was 81 degrees today.

Okay, time to check the news and take care of some things. Have a good week.

No comments: