Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 23, 2012

I cannot believe I just did that

So it's late, and I just got back from the game, and the gamemaster called me to let me know I'd left my SpringBoard over at his house. The plan is to go over tomorrow after work and pick it up. But it was such a brainless thing to do, although I will say it's the first time I've left it anywhere. I did leave the Kindle once at work, locked in my desk. And my phone once at home. So I'm not doing this sort of thing all the time. This is why I do normally put it back in my bag after reading the game notes. The sad thing is I'm not as tired as I normally am after a night's gaming--I went light on the caffeine during the game and drank the Sparkling Ice mostly, which has B vitamins and other things that might have perked me up. Plus, I got snacks yesterday and didn't have to wake up early to make a grocery run in the wee hours of the morning. So I'm not sure why I walked off and left it where it was. We are almost to the climax of our adventure and had just fought off two Bigfoot (Bigfeet?) in the game, so I guess my mind was on that, and what to do next.

It's been a fairly busy weekend. Yesterday I spent with friends and watched two episodes of 'Lark Rise to Candleford'. Today I took care of a dead animal that the dogs had brought up to the step, cleaned in preparation for the game, did the big Kroger run, and although I'm not exhausted, I am a bit tired and I'm going to go on to bed. Good night.

PS In celebration of Earth Day, the buses were free to ride today and I got a free shopping bag (not the big reusable tote bags, but a thin one of rip-stop nylon that folds up into a very small space but holds quite a bit of stuff.) Thanks LexTran!

No comments: