Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 07, 2012

I have a Saturday to myself

and it's a beautiful one with cloudless blue sky. The birds are singing and I heard a woodpecker. At first I thought it was in the marsh, but it's up in the neighbourhood somewhere. It's only 39 degrees at present (there was a frost warning last night), but it's supposed to be 67 later. So, what's a girl to do on her day off?

  1. Wake up at 8:45.
  2. Take shower, get dressed (without the thickener goop and blow dry for the hair).
  3. Walk over to the laundry room and scope out how busy it is while getting a Diet Coke from the machine. Blessed caffeine in the morning. It's pretty busy, so it looks like I'd better wait on laundry till later today.
  4. Check blood sugar, take insulin, and take my other medicine. I haven't been great with my insulin. Yesterday I went out of the house inexplicably without my little baggie of pen needles, and even though I had my medicine, couldn't take it while I was out.
  5. Eat breakfast (hazelnut spread on oat bran bread).
  6. Put some music on.
  7. Turn on all the lights (I have a southern exposure in my apartment, so the best light is in the afternoon. It's fairly dark right now.
  8. Open the windows (once it warms up).
  9. Begin with the kitchen.
    1. Wash dishes, both in the dishwasher and by hand.
    2. Clean counters, island, and stove.
    3. Clean out refrigerator.
    4. Sweep.
    5. Mop.
  10. Move on to the bathroom.
    1. Clean sink, toilet, and bath.
    2. Sweep floor.
    3. Mop.
    4. Do baseboards.
  11. Go through house and gather up various stuff that can be thrown away or recycled.
  12. Straighten up living and dining areas.
  13. Vacuum them.
  14. Gather up laundry.
  15. Straighten up bedroom.
  16. Vacuum bedroom.
  17. Go to Kroger (I have only one roll of toilet paper left. This is not acceptable.) Bring the granny cart.--Go tomorrow when we do the grocery run.
  18. Do laundry.
  19. Take out the trash and recyclables.
  20. Do game notes.
  21. Do a book review that totally slipped my mind and is overdue.
  22. Read and if possible finish Mockingjay.
So, do you think I can accomplish most of it? I've prioritised by bolding the things that must be done.

No comments: