Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, April 20, 2012

Had to take some things home today so I wouldn't be the 'cat lady' there

I had these stuffed cat pillows on either side of my monitor that look very realistic, the type that's a printed image front and back that is then sewn together and stuffed with polyfill. I think they creeped the IT guy who was upgrading my computer today, because they stare straight ahead, which was a little unnerving at first, but I've long since gotten used to them.

I told myself awhile back that if I got Windows 7 at work and could use the same cat theme as I do at home, I'd go ahead and take the stuffed cats home. Well, I got that today. There are just a few glitches with the upgrade they're working on (mainly that I need to change my browser settings for DOCLINE and PubMed to work correctly, but those settings are not accessible), but otherwise it went swimmingly. And I was able to get the cat slideshow on my desktop. So, the pillows came home. My desk looks a bit bare without them, but you can only have so many cat images in one place before they start wondering about you. Especially if you don't actually have cats at home.

I saw a comic today that reminded me of my best friend. It's the comic Non Sequitur. Check out the link; Danae, the young girl, stalls for time in a very eloquent manner. :)

I'll write later. Have a good night.

No comments: