Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Got home before the rain hit, yay

Although I'll point out it's raining and sunny. :) It's been a pretty decent day, although I was a little groggy when I woke up this morning. Too much 70s music too late, I guess. But the birds sang outside my window at work, which was pleasant, and I took a new miniature rose bush I got over the weekend into work and put it near my computer opposite of the oxalis, commonly but incorrectly called a shamrock. And it was nice to see a variety of visitors from all sorts of different faiths and cultures in the dining room, lobby, and recreation today.

In the cafeteria I was pleased to see a vegetarian taco 'meat'. I had a taco for the first time in years. I never think to get the 'ground meat' soy products and do it at home, so if I eat at Taco Bell or someplace like that, I get burritos with beans on them, not tacos. I forgot how messy they were to eat, but didn't get anything on me, at least not until dinner, when some salad dressing made it to my shirt. I would love to be a dainty eater, but I just don't think I have the coordination for it. :)

My co-worker Jill was very pleased with me because I only had one Diet Coke 20 oz. bottle, whereas I drank 64 oz. of water. I usually have at least three of the sodas a day, and a 2 litre or more on Sundays during the game. Instead, one of the first things I did when I came home was fix some ice water, so that's another 8 oz. glass. :)

I returned some books to the library this morning before getting on the bus. I thought about going by this evening, but I have a few books out that I still need to read, so I figured I'd turn my attention to them rather than get more.

Tonight's goal is to stay up to a normal bedtime rather than going to bed for a 'nap' that turns out to be all night. Wish me luck. I have a few things to do in the kitchen and the trash to go out, as the exterminator will be here in the morning and I like to have it look nice in there. I have the DVD Corinna, Corinna out, and that might be fun. There's also maybe a computer game, the game notes, or another project I need to work on to do, so there's plenty to keep me occupied. Oh, and I want to make that salad for work. But first I think I'll get caught up on the news and read for a bit, after getting some more water.

No comments: