Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 16, 2012

Dizzy

I think I looked a bit drunk coming home, as my balance was worse than normal. I don't know if is the allergies/crud I've got going on, or if it's because my blood sugar is 106, which is very good, but since I'm used to being higher, it means I might get a little loopy. Thank goodness I ate a small snack before coming back from my friends' house.

Despite feeling so awful this morning that I seriously considered staying home (I had a group donating books coming in this afternoon, and it would have been difficult to reschedule--that's basically why I didn't call in, along with the fact I wasn't on death's door), I got lots done today, more than all of last week most likely, although I built on all the work I did then. But it just seemed to come together. Yay! And I did feel better in the afternoon, although towards evening it started to worsen, meaning it may actually be a cold. We'll see. I've been very lucky over the almost two years I've been doing the second job at the hospital--I haven't missed for illness, or for that matter, been sick.

Tomorrow I hope to continue this productivity. Wednesday is a webcast at the UK Medical Library on mobile technologies. Friday is the upgrade to Windows 7. So it'll be a busy week.

I've eaten and I don't feel woozy anymore, so I suppose it was a reaction to my blood sugar being lower than normal. Hopefully my body will adjust and the levels lower. I've noticed in the morning it's running just about at 200, whereas before it would be, say 270-280, so that's a huge improvement, and by evening it's near normal or even normal. And I'm feeling better overall, except for the crud. :)

Okay, time to take some hard boiled eggs that have been cooking and run cold water over them.

No comments: