Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 05, 2011

Look what I found


I've been going through my bedroom drawers and came across this picture from the winter holidays of 2001. Cerys was 10, already greying around the muzzle, but I'd have six more wonderful years with her. Buns, the cat behind her, was starting to have some problems with his skin, due to a type of cancer that neither the vet or I recognised at the time. She thought it was just allergies.

But, oh, my Care Bear. That face just lit me up all over when I saw the picture. This month marks four years since her death, and I feel her absence still, although I've learned to sleep in the middle of the bed finally and remember to pick up dropped popcorn kernels. I can't believe it's been four years. I can't believe I was blessed with her for 16. She was such a wonderful dog.

Anyway, it really brightened my day to see this. :)

No comments: