Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 19, 2011

Up

to get something to drink (water, in fact) and take my Lantus. My blood sugar's holding steady at about 230, which is high, but better than this morning by a longshot, and Lantus is a sort of long-acting basal insulin, so it should help overall.

I've slept hours now, and I think I really needed it. My headache's gone, even though I haven't had any ibuprofen in several hours. The feeling of hot and cold is gone (which was annoying, as the highest my temperature actually read was 98.7 degrees). I'm still coughing occasionally, and my eyes are watering, but overall, I think I just needed a day in bed,

Okay, now for some water and ibuprofen (I am still achy) and I'm back to bed, hopefully to face tomorrow as a brighter, happier day.

No comments: