Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Now, if I did have $145 to spare

I have to admit, I wouldn't get M*A*S*H. I'd give it to the organisation collecting funds for Charlotte Reid's trip from Australia to consult experts on Trichothiodystrophy here in the United States. They've managed to get partway there, but I think it will take several thousand more dollars. If you are on Facebook, check out this group for more information:

Charlotte Reid's Medical Appeal

If you're not on Facebook, and you're in Australia, there is a charity that is taking donations for Charlotte called The Friends of Sammy-Joe. Their donation page lists several ways to help.

If you live outside of Australia, the best way you can donate is through the following website:

Everyday Hero Australia - Donate to the Friends of Sammy Joe


Then e-mail sammyjo2 [at] bigpond.com.au (put in the @ sign like a normal e-mail address, I'm just trying to make sure they don't get hit with spam) and let them know you made a donation for Charlotte Reid so it will go to her trip.

Anyway, I know I've mentioned this before, but it's a good cause, and the family is quite worried for Charlotte, who has been quite sick the last few days. The sooner we can get her to the US, the better. So maybe if I can donate a little, and a few of you donate a little, we'll get her here.

Okay, that's the last charity plug I'll make for a bit. I don't want to knock you all over the head with such things. But I figure, if you can do a little good in the world by spreading a message, then do so. Sometimes this blog is a little too much about, well, me, and not about people and things I care about. I've never met Charlotte, although I've chatted online with her father on occasion, but I care about her and hope that she does well.

No comments: