Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 19, 2011

Home

Eating patty-pan squash with onion, garlic, Parmesan, and pepper jack, along with some Zatarain's red beans and rice. It's very hearty, and the steam is trying to open my sinuses.

Yesterday I stayed in bed for about 16 hours. Today I feel a smidge better. I went to work, and did get some things done, but I'd be lying if I said I'd been really productive. One of my co-workers took pity on my and gave me some cough drops she had in her purse. Some were sugar-free, from Hall's, and they had little sayings on the wrapper like, 'Be resilient', 'Dust yourself off and get up'. I am wondering if the people responsible for those little sayings were also the ones who came up with 'Have a happy period' on Always menstrual pads, obnoxious little buggers, I say.

I'm heading to bed for a nap. I don't intend to sleep the night away; I never do. But still...must sleep a bit.

No comments: