Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yay!

My blood sugar went down to 111 mg/dl today. That's AMAZING for me. That's the first time it's been that low in years. Even with noshing at the game all day (including grapes), it was only 143 mg/dl, which is really good because I was eating almost to the very end and so that's postprandial. For a diabetic, anything less than 180 mg/dl after eating is considered good, and lower than 130 before eating is good. Yipee! This is even better considering my fasting value this morning was 179, so it lowered as I went along. Plus, I only had one dose of Apidra since I didn't have a dinner per se. Now to keep it up. I just took my Lantus. I feel much clearer than I have in the past. Of course, getting some sleep last night before the game probably helped a great deal.

No comments: