Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 14, 2011

Whew!

Well, I've got the laundry and part of the living room done. I had just enough dryer sheets to do five loads, then trekked back with the giant hamper on my shoulder and the gym bag hanging from the other. I wish there were a laundry room in my building, but we don't have a basement or anything. I think I need a week off to really accomplish everything, but I'll try to work a little each morning evening and see if that will work. I did finally find that greeting card set I was going to send a sympathy card from, the one I pulled the living room apart in the first place looking for. It was on top of some books where I'd checked before, but couldn't see because it was right under the shelf and there's an overhang. Ugh.

It's been 7 hours and I'm not particularly hungry (I had a footlong tuna sandwich at Subway. Probably should have gone with the 6" but the footlong is cheaper and I knew I'd probably work it off in activity.) I'll probably wait an hour and have some cheese and crackers, something light.

I think I'll read a little, listen to some music, and wind down a bit. I may try to do dishes later tonight. I don't know. But I definitely need to gather the trash from the kitchen and bath and take the recyclables out by tomorrow morning. There's not much trash, I recycle so much, but there's some fruit leavings in the trash and those dratted fruit flies are still trying to plague me. I can't seem to get rid of all of them.

Later tonight I need to go out and give my monthly libation. Fortunately I still have some wine, a merlot instead of burgundy, but it will serve. Plus I put honey and some lavender flowers in it. :)

Okay, I'll probably post something later tonight but for right now I want to be away from the computer, not be cleaning, and just do something fun.

Hope you're having a good Valentine's Day. I haven't celebrated in years, but practically everyone else seems to be. Do something sweet for your sweetie.

No comments: