Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 05, 2011

I have been out in the wind and the rain and the muck

I took the bus over to the bank to get a roll of quarters and then to Kroger to get a bus pass and some snacks for the game tomorrow. When I got off the bus, I actually had my coat off. It was a bit breezy, but comfortable, with just a mist of moisture in the air. While I was checking out at the grocery store heavy rain was falling in horizontal sheets as the wind had picked up considerably. By the time I got out it was raining and too windy for the umbrella. I made it to the bus shelter and it lessened, and the sun even came out while I was on the bus. Walking home, I had the sun to my left, in the east, and this sky as pictured to the west. Needless to say, I walked a little faster. I made it home without getting too wet, all things considered. So, mission accomplished. My the weather is being capricious. But then, we were supposed to have ice and snow last night and today, so a little rain won't hurt us.

No comments: