Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, February 21, 2011

I overslept this morning

because I'd had 3 hours' sleep on Saturday night and slept through all three alarms. I was a little late for work but got an amazing amount of work done, which is great. I finished my data entry with about 15 minutes to spare, checked the weather, which said to expect rain in buckets in the next hour, so I high-tailed it out of there, caught the bus going towards downtown so I could sit on it down at the transit centre rather than stand out in a windy downpour for a half an hour. It so paid off. By the time I got off the bus, it had let up to a very light rain. I still got a bit wet, but not too bad. I met some neighbours who had just moved into the complex and helped them navigate where to get off the bus and walked home with them. The temperature went from the mid-60s to the mid-40s in that one hour. So I'm glad to be home. I'd like to get a soda from the laundry room, but I'm in my jammies and although my hair's still damp, I am otherwise warm and comfortable, so I don't think I'll be going out. So yay for being home.

Tomorrow morning I have to get up earlier and take the bus before my normal one to Walgreens and pick up some pen needles that are ready for me. I was originally going to go to a friend's house tonight, but we put that off till Thursday because it will work out better for me. So I'm thinking I might do a little around here and then turn in early, since I still haven't caught up on my sleep. But I'll stay up just a bit later, as it's not even 9 pm yet.

No comments: