Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Today was nice

Not only was it game day--and the game was quite good--but I got a wonderful Hanukkah present: Walden and Other Writings by Henry David Thoreau. The only bad thing was I missed an excellent opportunity because I had not checked one of my e-mail accounts. But, oh, well, that's water under the bridge now.

So now I'm home. We didn't play too late because Brenda lives out in the boonies and with the snow she wanted to make sure she got there in one piece. It's supposed to be really cold tonight, so where some of the snow had melted there will be ice. I've scrambled some eggs and eaten them. Now I want to go on to bed, even though it's only 9:30 (but in my defence I've been up almost 16 hours). I know the game master will probably call asking how I liked the game, though, as soon as I go to bed. Actually, there's probably a law somewhere that states that no matter how long I wait, I'll get a phone call as soon as I actually lie down, so I might as well head to bed.

I'm going over to a friend's tomorrow to make him latkes and finish some stuff up I need to do. Money's a little tight but I may be able to swing a cab if needed, especially as I'll have to stop by the store and get the things for latkes. I particularly like the cheese ones more than the potatoes, the ones you eat with applesauce, although I usually make both.

Okay, I guess I'll head on to bed. Good night.

No comments: