Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 10, 2010

Tonight is our company Christmas party

I'm not there.

I don't drink, except maybe once or twice a year, and never more than one or two at a time. Nor do I care to watch people get drunk. I don't dance. I didn't feel like paying $10 for a meal that I might or might not have been able to get a vegetarian option (there was no mention of it this year). Since I was technically scheduled till 7, I wouldn't have made it there anyway until after dinner, taking an unfamiliar bus and wandering up and down Southland Drive at night. I could have found a ride home, really, so that wasn't really an issue. But it didn't seem worth it for me, although for many of my co-workers it's a fun experience. I've been to several, and they've been fun sometimes, but I'm not really sociable in crowds (granted, I know almost everyone who would be there except partners, but still, I have social anxiety and I just don't have fun at functions like this as a general rule.)

As it turned out, I could have gotten there on time; I was able to leave early today when I got everything finished. Instead I went home and took a nap, and now, at the time I would normally get home, I'm cooking some macaroni and cheese and getting ready to work on game notes. I can't do it tomorrow because I'll be hanging wallpaper borders and putting up a Christmas tree. :)

So I won't be blogging like mad tonight, like I did yesterday. :) I'll probably check in before going to bed, though. Good night for now.

No comments: