Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, December 13, 2010

I got a lovely card today, the first holiday card of the season

It was one of my favourite artists, Maxfield Parrish, and had such a nice sentiment written inside that really touched me. My best friend is like a brother to me, and although sometimes he drives me crazy (but don't brothers?), he really is the best thing that ever happened to me. He is closer to me than family, and I would give my life to save him (literally). Everyone should have a friendship that spans decades, at least one. But you'd have to hunt pretty hard to find such a wonderful friend and mentor as I have--he's pretty much unique, insanely intelligent, genteely eccentric, and with a will that could break nails. Oh, and a mean streak a mile wide, but genuinely good, decent, and honourable. I love him dearly. It's a hard mix to duplicate, no?

No comments: