Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 18, 2010

PS

You know, I can't really think of anything I particularly need for Yule, which is pretty decent, as winter is usually a tough time for me. Maybe a new computer chair--it's on its last legs, but that is something I can take care at some point and I have folding metal chairs if it loses cohesion entirely.

I guess I'd like my friends and family to be happy this winter. That's enough. I've already gotten a present from my best friend--the writings of Henry David Thoreau, and I'm enjoying that. Anything that encourages thought is a good thing for me; I'm a bit lazy in that department sometimes.

There are a lot of people who need basic items this year, especially with the oeconomy being what it is. And there are a lot of people who frankly don't need the latest got-to-have item. Think about what we would be like if we were all content with what we had, and had what we needed. The world would be a better place, wouldn't it?

No comments: