Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

He also told me about this

Lexington Papa John's driver is robbed

It happened 5 minutes before and one block away from where I came out of the hospital last night. As I went down the drive, a police cruiser pulled up with its lights on, and then moved when I went to go onto the sidewalk, since it was in the way. It was there the entire time I was out waiting for the bus. I generally consider that a safe area, but on the other hand no neighbourhood is 100% safe, and since it was dark and something had obviously happened, it was reassuring to have a cruiser there as part of the perimeter.

I hope the driver is okay. I know several of them, since I order from the same Papa John's and used to work near it and they'd come in for gas.

No comments: